Monday, April 9, 2012

...

This morning, for the first time since I was 8 years old, I woke up and Mr. Bevo was not around.

I've had about a week to "prepare" for this. I'm exhausted from crying, and I feel like there are no liquids left in my body. He and I were alone in my apartment. I was right next to him, with him, as he took his final breath. Sister and Dad came over shortly after. We wrapped him in a burnt orange pillow case.

He's with Mom now, and that thought is what's keeping me together. I know she's so excited to see him again.

No kitty was ever more loved.

"When you are sorrowful, look again into your heart and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight." -Kahlil Gibran

Things My Mother Would Love #19: Me & Bevo

No comments:

Post a Comment