Monday, July 11, 2011

Thoughts

There are so many things that go through my mind that I think I should post about..

- Thanksgiving 2010 (which was almost 8 months ago now)
Thanksgiving 2010 was amazing, and filled with family as usual, but this year, my aunt (Mom's sister) and cousin from Virginia came to celebrate, as well as my aunt (Mom's half-sister) from California. It made me think about the things that are only possible once someone passes away...

- Helping my sister move back to Texas and the drive from California

- Midnight in Paris. Maybe it's because I LOVED this movie so much, that I really thought she would love it, too. My sister paused when I told her this, and it made me wonder if I'm not just fantasizing some of these things that I think she would love.. it's been so long now. I was a completely different person in 2003 than I am now. I was only 16..

- 8 years is a long time. Sometimes I am overcome with emotion at the fact that, it's been a long time since I've seen my mom. Since I've heard her voice. Since I've felt her embrace. And it's only going to become a longer amount of time. I become short of breath when I think about the fact that, one day, it will be ten years. Another day, it will be twenty years. It's too much to think about...

- This evening, I made her delicious chicken and rice casserole (with too much cheese, just like she used to make it), and listened to a Pandora station of Tom Petty, the Eagles, the Beatles, and Van Morrison.

I miss you. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment